Eating Gluten-Free isn’t something I have to do, it’s something I do when I can. For people like my mom, living with celiac disease is something she had to get used to later in life. Life changed. The kitchen soon had duplicates of everything hoping to prevent any cross contamination, and Dad was eating all of her GF goodies in the house.
I figured – why not eat gluten-free whenever I can? Gluten isn’t necessary in anyone’s diet and it’s often repulsive to learn all of the products that have wheat in them. The one that grossed me out the most was deli meat…why?! From that day forward I’ve relied on brands like Columbus and Boar’s Head. Try it – cut out gluten and see how you feel!
10 Best Gluten Free Recipes:
1. Looking for a tasty morning treat? Check out this recipe from Wayfaring Chocolate to spice up your breakfast toast! Homemade Gingerbread Almond Butter - Gluten-Free, Vegan.
2. The Gluten-Free Goddess weighs in on life with celiac’s and shares this tasty GF recipe for Quinoa Salad with Fresh Mint and Lime - Gluten-Free, Vegan.
3. I follow Gluten Free Girl on Twitter, have for years. If you want a quality gluten-free chef to follow, look no further! This is one of her infamous gluten-free concoctions that she made following a magical trip to Japan. Recipe Here: Tokyo Fried Chicken - Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
4. If you’re in need of a side dish that’s unique and easy to make, then start gathering provisions for this recipe from 101 Cookbooks: Giant Lemon Fennel Beans - Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian.
5. Ah, breakfast. The most important meal of the day. Now you can make it feel like the most important meal with this fanceh one from Smitten Kitchen: Baked Eggs with Spinach and Mushrooms – Gluten-Free, Vegetarian.
6. Gluten hides everywhere – especially in beef, fish, vegetable and chicken stocks. The only affordable way to be sure your stock is 100% gluten-free? Make it yourself! Read here: Homemade Chicken Stock Recipe - Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
7. Orange is the New Black isn’t just a hit TV show I love, it’s the why this recipe shines! If you like spicy and sweet, this is the allergen-free recipe for you: Chipotle Orange Chicken - Gluten-Free, Dairy Free.
8. Blueberry Peach Pocket Pies (Gluten-Free) are the most adorable little things! Especially if you wrap them up nice and pretty like Carol from Simply Gluten-Free :)
9. What’s a GF post without something to do with bread? Super informative – bread stays fresh for 3 days without toasting! Recipe Here: GF Beer Bread - Gluten-Free
10. A happy – sweet – ending for this post is in order. And what better to end with than this delectable maple-y buttery dish: Maple Butter Blondies – Gluten-Free
Sharing is Caring – GF Style
Have any good gluten-free recipes you’d like to share? Put ‘em in the comments below to help other Gluten-Free’ers out! Thanks for reading :)