- 1 small Green Pepper, sliced and cut into 1″ long pieces
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, sliced
- 3-4 Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 whole Fresh Chicken, cut into pieces and wrapped in cheesecloth
- 1-2 cubes Chicken Bouillon
- Fideo noodles (if you speak Spanish, this will sound redundant!)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
In a deep stock pot, saute green pepper, onion, celery, and carrot until softened. Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add chicken and bouillon, and fill with water until covered. Cook for hours, until chicken is done and your entire house smells like yummy chicken goodness.
After the soup has finished cooking, remove the cheesecloth-wrapped chicken pieces and remove all bones and knuckles. Return chicken meat to the soup and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
Cook fideo separately and store separately, so that the noodles do not get soggy and deteriorate in the delicious broth. Hope this helps you feel better, I know it always helps me!